Eugene Skin Divers Supply opened its doors in 1956 when Don Hollingshead and a partner purchased the air compressor and remaining equipment from a store that was closing down. The first Eugene Skin Divers Supply was operated in the back room of an appliance store on Blair Blvd.
After several years there, Don bought out his partner and moved the store several blocks away to its own location. In 1969 the store was moved to its current location on 6th St. in to an old house. In 1992 our present building was completely remodeled and added on to. Now we keep making modifications to change with this fast growing sport.
Today the store is owned and operated by Don's son Michael and Michael's wife Diana. Together with their highly trained staff, Eugene Skin Divers Supply offers the divers of the Pacific Northwest the highest level of service and professionalism. The staff owes a lot to our founder Don Hollingshead who passed away in June of 1991. Those of us who had the pleasure of knowing him personally have had our lives enriched.
This page is dedicated to his memory.